logo Free website traffic generator

Trusted by your favorite brands


What makes FileMyReturn the No.1 choice of Taxpayer?


Authorized e-Return intermediary

Registered e-Return intermediary by Income Tax Department License No ERIA101349

Income Tax Returns

Filed more than 3.5 mn Income Tax Returns

5 lac individuals have been filing IT return via our portal every year

ITR filing

Pioneers in ITR filing since 2002

Offline presence of over 2 decades and Online Portal made live in 2015

Tax Experts

Dedicated Inhouse Team of Tax Experts

Team of CA's, MBA's, CFA's with an average experience of 20 ys +

Data Privacy

Data Privacy

Our AES-256 Encrypted System ensures Full-Proof Data & Identity Security


Partnering with over 100 Corporates

Including 25 fortune 500 companies


Choose Plans

Freedom to choose plans & avail Tax Expert Assisted Filing

Choose your plan Quick File
Basic Plan
File Now
Bronze Plan
File Now
Silver Plan
File Now
Gold Plan
File Now
Platinum Plan
File Now
Titanium Plan
File Now
Form 16 Single Multiple Multiple Multiple Multiple Multiple
House Property Single Multiple Multiple Multiple Multiple Multiple
Residential Status Resident Resident / Non-Resident Resident Resident / Non-Resident Resident / Non-Resident Resident / Non-Resident
Income from Other Source
Tuition or Professional
Income Only (TDS deducted U/s94J)
Capital Gain or Loss      
Income from Business        
Income more than INR 50 lacs    
Foreign Income          
Client Data Privacy

What Our Client's Say

Frequently Asked Questions

It is mandatory to file Income Tax return if the annual income is more than the basic exemption limit of

  • Rs 2.5 lakh for an Individual whose age is less than 60 Years
  • Rs 3 lakh for senior citizens whose age is between 60 years and 80 years
  • Rs 5 lakh for super senior citizens whose age is above 80 years

Irrespective of whether your employer has deducted tax at source (TDS) on your salary or you have paid tax on your own, you should file your income tax return (ITR) if you fit certain criteria.

The official website of the Income Tax Department lists several forms that taxpayers may be required to fill up based on their income. While some of these forms are easy to fill, others require additional disclosures such as your profit and loss statements. Below is a summary of the various ITRs:

  • ITR-1 Sahaj: or ITR- 1 is to be filed individuals being a resident (other than not ordinarily resident) having total income upto Rs.50 lakh, having Income from Salaries, one house property, other sources (Interest etc.), and agricultural income upto Rs.5 thousand.
  • ITR-2: This form should be filed by Individuals and HUFs not having income from profits and gains of business or profession.
  • ITR-3: This form is for individuals and HUFs having income from profits and gains of business or profession
  • ITR-4 (Sugam): If your business attracts presumptive income for you, then you need to fill this form. This form is to be filed by Individuals, HUFs and Firms (other than LLP) being a resident having total income upto Rs.50 lakh and having income from business and profession which is computed under sections 44AD, 44ADA or 44AE.

Only eligible taxpayers can claim these deductions in their income tax returns. Such eligible taxpayers have been specified under various sections of the Act. In some cases, it is individual in some companies, HUF, etc. It is pertinent to note that the taxpayers who opt to pay tax under the new tax regime can claim only deductions under sections 80CCD(2) and 80JJAA.

Income tax deduction needs to be claimed at the time of filing your Income Tax Return, and no separate disclosure compliances are required for claiming such deductions. The number of deductions should be reduced from the gross income to reach the taxable amount.

Below documents are important to have in handy before you start your e-filing process.

  • Bank and post office savings account passbook, PPF account passbook
  • Salary slips
  • Aadhar Card, PAN card
  • Form-16- TDS certificate issued to you by your employer to provide details of the salary paid to you and TDS deducted on it, if any
  • nterest certificates from banks and post office
  • Form-16A - if TDS is deducted on payments other than salaries such as interest received from fixed deposits, recurring deposits etc. over the specified limits as per the current tax laws
  • Form-16B - from the buyer if you have sold a property, showing the TDS deducted on the amount paid to you
  • Form-16C - from your tenant, for providing the details of TDS deducted on the rent received by you, if any
  • Form 26AS - your consolidated annual tax statement. It has all the information about the taxes deposited against your PAN
    • TDS deducted by your employer
    • TDS deducted by banks
    • TDS deducted by any other organisations from payments made to you
    • Advance taxes deposited by you
    • Self-assessment taxes paid by you
  • Tax saving investment proofs
  • roofs to claim deductions under section 80D to 80U (health insurance premium for self and family, interest on education loan)
  • Home loan statement from bank

Apart from making you a responsible citizen, filing tax returns allows you to-

  • Claim tax deductions under several sections of the Income Tax Act to reduce your tax outgo.
  • Claim refunds on excess tax payments, particularly when TDS is subtracted from your income, and the total taxes you are eligible to pay are less than the tax amount deducted.
  • Adjust your capital gains and losses. The Income Tax laws allow you to adjust capital losses against capital gains, and also to carry forward capital loss for the next 8 consecutive financial years.
  • Avail a loan or opt for a credit card easily.
  • Smoothen your visa process while traveling overseas as many countries need proof of your regular income.

The following are key instances when an Income Tax Refund can be claimed:

  • You did not furnish all the investment proofs to your organization. As a result, the amount of taxes deducted by your employer exceeded your actual tax liability for the particular FY.
  • Excess TDS was deducted on your interest income from bank FDs or bonds.
  • The advance tax paid by you on self-assessment exceeded your tax liability for the applicable FY as per the regular assessment.
  • In case of double taxation, for example - when a person is a citizen of one country but derives income from another country. However, there are a few countries with which India has Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement (DTAA). This means you can claim a tax refund if you are a non-resident Indian working in a foreign country with which India has DTAA. For example, you hold a non-resident ordinary (NRO) deposit in an Indian bank. The interest earned on such deposits shall be taxed as per the applicable slab rate. However, if you qualify to be a tax resident of the foreign country where you reside, you may claim a tax refund for the TDS deducted on interests earned in India on your NRO deposit.

Filemyreturn has AES-256 Encrypted System which ensures Full-Proof Data & Identity Security and ensure that the data is not share with any third party.

You need to verify your Income Tax Returns within 120 days to complete the return filing process. Without verification within the stipulated time, an ITR is treated as invalid. e-Verification is the most convenient and instant way to verify your ITR.

  • OTP on mobile number registered with Aadhaar, or
  • EVC generated through your pre-validated bank account, or
  • EVC generated through your pre-validated demat account, or
  • EVC through ATM (offline method), or
  • Net Banking, or
  • Digital Signature Certificate (DSC).
IMPORTANT DATES : > Deposit of GST of April under QRMP scheme. : 25/05/2024      > Return for April by persons with Unique Identification Number (UIN) like embassies etc to get refund under GST for goods and services purchased by them. : 28/05/2024      > ITC reversal on stocks and capital goods by person opting for Composition scheme in FY 24-25. : 30/05/2024      > Submission of a statement by Non-resident having a liaison office in India for FY 23-24. : 30/05/2024      > Deposit of TDS u/s 194-IA on payment made for purchase of property in April : 30/05/2024      > Deposit of TDS u/s 194-IB @ 5% on total payment of Rent more than 50,000 pm by individual or HUF (not liable to tax audit) during FY 24-25, where lease has terminated in last month. (Else TDS is to be deposited on annual basis by 30 April of next year.) : 30/05/2024      > Deposit of TDS on certain payments made by individual/HUF u/s 194M for April. : 30/05/2024      > Deposit of TDS on Virtual Digital Assets u/s 194S for April. : 30/05/2024      > Issue of TCS certificates for January-March. : 30/05/2024      > Half yearly Audit Report from October to March of Reconciliation of Share Capital by Unlisted Public Companies. : 30/05/2024      > Annual Return of Foreign Company (Branch / Liaison /Project Office) for FY 23-24. : 30/05/2024      > Annual Return of Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) for FY 23-24. : 30/05/2024      > "Report on Corporate Social Responsibility for FY 23-24 by companies to whom it is applicable. " : 31/05/2024      > E-filing of Annual Return for FY 23-24 by licensed Manufacturers [including Repackers and Relabellers] and Importers. Manufacturer exporters also to file annual return for food business instead of quarterly returns earlier. : 31/05/2024      > Online Application by trust/instituition for exercising the option to apply income of previous year in the next year or in future. Applicable where due date of ITR is 31 Jul. : 31/05/2024      > Statement to accumulate income for future application u/s 10(21) or  11(1). Applicable where due date of ITR is 31 Jul. : 31/05/2024      > E-filing of Annual Statement of Donors & Donations received by charitable organisations u/s 80G/35. : 31/05/2024      > Download of Certificate of Donations/contributions for FY 23-24 from IT portal and submission of same to Donor/contributors. : 31/05/2024      > Quarterly statements of TDS for January- March. : 31/05/2024      > Return of tax deduction from contributions paid by the trustees of an approved superannuation fund during FY 23-24. : 31/05/2024      > Quarterly statement of tax deposited in relation to transfer of virtual digital asset u/s 194S to be furnished by an exchange for the quarter January - March : 31/05/2024      > Application for allotment of PAN in case of non-individual resident person, which enters into financial transaction aggregating to Rs. 2,50,000 or more during last financial year and has not been allotted PAN. : 31/05/2024      > CAs submit your Self Declaration for Unstructured Learning details for Calendar year 2023 online by login into your account on CPE portal https://cpeapp.icai.org/ : 31/05/2024      > Application for allotment of PAN in case of managing director, director, partner, trustee, author, founder, karta, chief executive officer, principal officer or office bearer of non-individual resident person, which enters into financial transaction aggregating to Rs. 2,50,000 or more during last financial year and has not been alloted PAN or any person competent to act on behalf of him and who has not been allotted PAN. : 31/05/2024      > Annual Statement of financial transactions in respect of Dividend and Interest of FY 23-24. : 31/05/2024      > Statement of reportable accounts for Calendar year 2023 by reporting financial institutions. File NIL statement if no transactions to report. : 31/05/2024      > Higher TDS/TCS due to non-linking of PAN Aadhar, shall not be applicable for transactions upto March 31, 2024 if PAN is linked with Aadhar upto May 31, 2024. : 31/05/2024     
46582 Times Visited